Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Imagery

"I miss you"

To see you when
I wake up
Is a gift I didnt think could be real.
To know that you feel the same as I do
Is a three-fold, utopian dream.
You do something to me that I cant explain.
So would I be out of line if I said,
I miss you.
I see your picture,
I smell your skin on the empty pillow next to mine.
You have only been gone ten days,
but already Im wasting away.
I know Ill see you again
Whether far or soon.
But I need you to know that I care
And I miss you.

"I miss you" by Incubus contains a metaphor stating that knowing she feels the same as he does is a three fold utopian dream. He is comparing her loving him to something beautiful and almost unrealistic, as in a dream. The song is about a guy loving a girl but they seem to have seperated and he explains how he misses her and cares for her and will see her sometime again.

"I Miss You" contains imagery in the line "is a three fold utopian dream". This gives us the image of something beautiful and romantic. Also, almost unrealistic and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment